I am missing some control over my playstyle. Of course, there are many traits and skills and at least for some professions these can bring big changes for your playstyle. But these are bound to certain builds. Where is my personal style, that cannot be switches that easy?
Example for guardian. Here I think the virtue traits show a good direction. Three examples for playstyles You should be able to choose independent instead through traits.
– offensive brings the two virtue traits for justice, increases burn duration by 33%, aegis burns nearby foes on removal and grants mights on allies, additional to the healing of resolve retalitation is given to allies.
– passive brings the courage traits, burns on block, you are healed for each boon and virtues grant boons on activation.
– support brings the resolve traits and other healing traits, also increased healing to allies. Burn is less often inflicted but justive has a chance to remove boons passive and a 100% chance active.
The guardian is a good example for different playstyles, but also for the boundaries to thetraits. Of course the thoughness traiyline should have a few fitting defensive traits, but selfheal thtough boons together with +600 vitality… obvious which traits I choose for tanking. especially annoying is the fact, that you have +33% burn duration in one traitline, aoe burn in another and increased burnduration and conditiondamage in a third traitline… if I would play radiance, I would play with burn, but the two most effective burn traits are grandmaster in two different lines.
This also should be not this hard to roughly balance, after all choosing between these three playstyles is like choosing between three stron traits, furthermorr like you can see I try to use cheap guild wars 2 gold to create a difference between the playstyles instead of creatin domethin completly new.
For Mesmer I have the same idea. There are many interrupt traits but what about a interrupt playstyle? Also the shatterheal shouldnt be doubled by illusionary persona.
– Offensive: aoe shatter effect, including around yourself, a few ttaits to create clones, especially on dodge roll.
– defensive: works with interrupt and solo target. All shatters interrupt and solo target, but the clones are shatterd on Iinstamt without aoe. BTW, add interrupt as new mechanic, it will only interrupt without dazing or stunning, but interrupted skills recharge longer and interrupt skills have an effect on interrupt.
– support works a lot with boons and invisibility. Clones do not run to foes and have support effects on shatter. Mindwrack grants you invisibility.