At one time, I had almost a million karma and had very little gold. I went through Reddit and other forums to find the best ways to convert karma to guild wars 2 gold. I got some ideas, fine-tuned them and used some math to figure out the most efficient way to convert karma to gold. Also, youll get quite a bit of luck along the way. Over the past two months, Ive converted all the karma I wanted to get rid of, so I may as well share my knowledge as its not as valuable to me anymore.
The best way I discovered was approximately 13k karma will convert to 1g including all costs associated with it. If want to convert 260k karma, youll yield about 20g. This depends on certain prices on the TP. Later in the post, I will go over why I chose this path to spend karma and how I identified that this is the most optimal route.
How do you do it?
1) Go to Bram Dawnrazer on the north west side of Bloodtide Coast. The nearest waypoint is Sorrowful Waypoint in Sorrowful Sound . You need to do the heart for be able to buy karma items from him.
2) Purchase Cloth Crab Grabbin Gloves from him for 266 karma each. Buy as many as you can in multiples of 4.
3) Go to Vigil Keep or Edge of the Mists to get to the nearest Mystic Forge
4) Throw 4 of the gloves you bought into the MF. It will return another cloth glove which is 1 to 10 levels higher. Do this for all of your gloves.
5) Salvage all of your gloves with a crude salvage kit. Youll get linen from this. Use or sell the linen on the TP.
For those of you that just wanted to get your gw2 gold and listen to me blindly, you can stop reading here. For the skeptics, heres why I did everything I did.